Wednesday, May 23, 2012
I have arrived on the beautiful island of Anguilla, where I have been staying with friends for a few days – getting some work done for clients while enjoying the tropical breezes.
The first session of the Anguilla Lit Fest: A Jollification is tonight — a reception/meet and greet for the presenters/authors and the organizing committee. I am looking forward to meeting all of the people who have spent so many months putting this together on behalf of the Anguilla Tourist Board, and to chatting with my fellow presenters, who include:
- Terry McMillan, author of Waiting to Exhale, Stella Got Her Groove Back, and several other books. Great website here.
- Randall Robinson, lawyer, activist and author of (among several other books) The Debt: What America Owes to Blacks, An Unbroken Agony: Haiti, from Revolution to the Kidnapping of a President and the novel MAKEDA. Here’s his website.
- Hill Harper. Best known as an actor on CSI:NY, Harper has a law degree from Harvard and is also the author of Letters to a Young Brother: MANifest Your Destiny, Letters to a Young Sister: DeFINE Your Destiny and several other books, and creator of the Manifest Your Destiny foundation.
- Lasana Sekou, poet, author, publisher of House of Nehesi Publishers in St. Martin (check out this reading!)
- David Carty, Anguillan historian and author
- Marie-Elena John of Antigua, author of Unburnable
- Malaika Adero, VP, senior editor of Atria/Simon & Schuster, agent Amy Berkover and others
Stay tuned… I’ll keep you updated when I can!
Looks like great fun Mary! Keep us posted. :)